Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online, developed by EA Tiburon, is the most accessible, authentic and feature-rich golf video game experience available through a web browser, with no game installation, no disc, and no additional peripherals required.
Golf enthusiasts globally can now get a free preview of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online and invite others via Facebook to join the open beta. Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online, developed by EA Tiburon, is the most accessible, authentic and feature-rich golf video game experience available through a web browser, with no game installation, no disc, and no additional peripherals required. In addition, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 will be available on the Wii, Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3 and iPhone platforms.
"During beta testing we've already seen tremendous participation and enthusiasm from golf fans around the world for Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online," said Executive Producer Mike Taramykin. "We're looking forward to offering all players the opportunity to preview the game for free* in the coming weeks. Also, during open beta gamers can invite others to play via Facebook and we continue to encourage the community to help to drive the game's evolution and development."
Since May, EA SPORTS has invited players to participate in four closed beta tests and consumers have showed overwhelming interest and support for the offering. During this time, more than 500,000 rounds of golf have been played.
During the free preview open beta starting today, players will also be able to enjoy the following new features:
* Facebook Connect - Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online connects to Facebook,
allowing players to invite their friends to become fans, thus earning additional
in-game experience. Players are also able to publish their accomplishments to
* Golfer Progression - Players will begin their career as a beginner and by earning experience points, will climb the ranks toward becoming a golf legend.
* The Cut Line - As an extra challenge, each day a target score will appear that becomes the goal for each golfer. If the user meets, or scores under the target, additional in-game experience is rewarded.
* Fans, Favorites & Sponsorships - Each player will be able to acquire fans within Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online. The more fans a player has, the more experience points are rewarded. Sponsor your friends and earn in-game money if they make the Cut Line.
* Realistic Wind - Experience dynamic wind that calculates the direction and speed throughout the round, making the game more realistic and challenging.
* Pro Shop - Purchase upgraded equipment with in-game earnings to help improve your customized golfer and impress friends.
For more information about Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online, and to sign up for the open beta, click here.
Subscribe to Daily Browser Games News!
|Recommended New Browser Games in July 2014|
|BBGsite Weekly Wrap-up: Jun. 2 to Jun. 8|
|BBGsite Weekly Wrap-up: Jun. 30 to Jul. 06|
|BBGsite Weekly Cosplay Highlight [06.05]|
|BBGsite Weekly Wrap-up: Jul. 14 to Jul. 20|
|BBGsite Weekly Wrap-up: Jul. 07 to Jul. 13|
|Three Teams to compete in Mission Against Terr|
|Shadowbound Open Alpha Test Launches on July 8|
|BBGsite.com Weekly Wrap-up Jun. 9 to Jun. 15|
|Warflare is Launching Free Beta Test|