After a highly successful closed beta phase, Supercell announces that its browser-based, social role-playing game, Gunshine.net, is now available in Open Beta for the world to see. The new version of the game includes a plethora of new features and improvements to Gunshine.net, which combines a deep, massively-multiplayer role-playing experience with the accessibility of a browser-based social game.
With Gunshine.net, Supercell has been successful at bringing a high quality role-playing experience to the browser environment. Set on a prison island dominated by a corrupt pharmaceutical company, players must take down the gangs that run the island's neighborhoods at the company's behest. Kill big bosses, gather loot and upgrade your hero as you try to liberate Dawnbreak City from the clutches of Labycore. The extensive social features, deep gameplay and careful attention to writing and setting make Gunshine.net much more than just another browser MMO.
Among the wide range of new features and gameplay enhancements, the Gunshine.net Open Beta includes new, improved versions of the game’s varied multiplayer features, including:
- Hire your Facebook friends as Mercenaries… even if they’re offline! Gunshine.net includes some mean boss fights that would be way too tough for just one person. So why not invite your friends? In Open Beta, gather up to three of your Facebook friends as Mercenaries to assist you in battle. They don’t even have to be online – they’ll be controlled by the AI and the player can determine their combat tactics.
- Fun in groups via real-time multiplayer. Gather your friends from within the game, or quickly invite them via Facebook to tackle one of the 18 bosses you could encounter in Open Beta!
- Reign supreme in player-versus-player arenas. The game also includes special arenas where players can challenge other players in a head-to-head battle. The best scores are saved on a scoreboard for everyone to see!
Player response in Closed Beta was phenomenal, and the detailed feedback from players has demonstrated that people are looking for a social browser game that encourages true social interaction without sacrificing a deep gaming experience. Gunshine.net’s gameplay has already expanded greatly during the Closed Beta phase, with continual improvements and upgrades to major game components including:
- player-to-player trading
- new missions and areas to explore
- support for up to three characters per player
- loads of new weapons and items to equip; and more.
The launch of Gunshine.net in Open Beta coincides with Supercell’s announcement of $12 million in funding led by Accel Partners, which will allow the company to accelerate growth and target new platforms. The Open Beta will allow Supercell to further advance and confirm its firm commitment to “open development” in partnership with thousands of new players. Supercell is dedicated to developing the experience that players want, building a new generation of online gaming that is instant, available anytime and anywhere, and as immersive as it is collaborative.
Subscribe to Daily Browser Games News!