The West: Forts are Coming Soon!
- Views: Date: Mar 12 2009 06:28:46
- KeyWord: The West, update
- Summary: You've probably all noticed that we've been quiet on the update front recently, and for a good reason!
The official press release is as below:
You've probably all noticed that we've been quiet on the update front recently, and for a good reason! The next update to the game will be version 1.20, and it's going to have the most new features of any update yet.
The biggest new feature however, will be forts.
Where will forts be?
There will be 3 forts in each county (section) of the map, one small, one medium and one large. A fort can be controlled by any town, and a town may own multiple forts.
What benefits will they bring?
Like towns, forts will have certain buildings that can be built and upgraded. Examples of these buildings are a barracks, watchtowers and a weapon smith. Each bring unique benefits to whichever town owns the fort. However, the value, importance and the fact there are only 3 forts per county will mean that other towns will be keen to take the fort of your hands.
A leader of a town can decide to attack a fort. Once the battle command has been issued, all players from the attacking town and the defending fort have 24 hours to get into position before the battle commences if they wish to participate. Unaffiliated players can also join in, by traveling to the fort and choosing which side they wish to fight for. An icon will appear next to the fort on the map when an attack is going to start soon. Each player will be able to choose a position to fight from, as can be seen in this screen shot:
The actual fight will be turn based, which means after every round players can reposition themselves. Therefore, a round consists of two actions: Shoot, and Move.
This is a very brief summary of a huge update. More details will of course come nearer the time, but rest assured there is a lot more to forts and fort fighting than can be seen here. Victory conditions, a detailed battle sequence and a more detailed description of the many new fort buildings will come soon.
Keep on fighting!
- The West team
About The West: The West is a browser game based on the wild west. The West obviously allows you to choose your own character, who can be trained and improve skills. Therefore your character has to work. The map is filled with possible jobs and activities. These can be activated through reaching certain goals within the game. More here
- GardenParty Update: Interface and General Beta Update(03-10)
- RuneScape Q&A: Further Answers(03-10)
- RuneScape: Random Event Update and More (03-02)
- Quake Live Detailed Quick Updates(02-28)
- RuneScape: Minor Delay to Scheduled Updates(02-21)
- Your RuneScape Questions Answered - Updated(02-19)
- Tribal Trouble 2 Beta Updated to Version 0.6(02-13)
- Neopets 10th February Update(02-10)
- The West: World 6 and Version 1.16(01-25)
- Kings of Chaos Age 11 Update (01-18)