RuneScape: In Pyre Need
- Views: Date: Jan 12 2009 11:05:58
- KeyWord: RuneScape,In,Pyre
- Summary: The phoenix, an ancient creature from RuneScape's distant past, is in need of your help. While flying to her roost she was injured, and now she lies wounded and dying in the depths of her fiery cave.
The phoenix, an ancient creature from RuneScape's distant past, is in need of your help. While flying to her roost she was injured, and now she lies wounded and dying in the depths of her fiery cave. By chance, a knowledgeable priest has discovered her home, and now he waits for an adventurer with the necessary skill and courage to aid the phoenix in her hour of need. Perhaps that adventurer will be you! Or are you...chicken?
In this quest you will navigate lava-filled caverns, learn the secrets of an ancient ritual and, if all goes well, save the phoenix from certain death.
Once you've completed the quest, you will be able to return to the phoenix's cave for a repeatable distraction and diversion reward that you can claim once a day. You will also gain the ability to summon a phoenix familiar to aid you in your battles – something that many of you voted for in April's Guaranteed Content poll. Sorry that you've had to wait a while for this!
|Where to start In Pyre Need: |
Speak to the priest of Guthix outside the cave south-west of the Piscatoris Fishing Colony.
Requirements to complete In Pyre Need:
Level 52 Crafting
Level 53 Fletching
Level 55 Firemaking
Requirements to complete the Phoenix Lair Distraction and Diversion, after the quest:
In addition to the above requirements, level 51 Slayer
In other news...
The skeletons in Olaf's Quest tunnels have been changed to make it easier for you to attack at range. These piles of bones will no longer interfere with you when you're ranging, or at any other time for that matter, as they're long dead!
You can no longer attack another player's familiar in single-way combat on a PvP world. This was never intended, and so should no longer be a problem.
There is a newly installed "make-x" feature for filleting fish such as sturgeon, salmon or trout that should make it easier for you to obtain the materials for making barbarian potions. Also, the barbarian super-restore potion will now correctly restore your Summoning points, just like other restore potions.
One of the changes made to While Guthix Sleeps meant you could no longer cast Ice Barrage on the barriers in Castle Wars. This has been rectified so that the spell now works as it previously did.
In response to your suggestions, a second world for Stealing Creation has been added, as the current one can get a bit busy at times!
A handful of songs (Garden, Still Night, Medieval, Adventure and Expanse) have been updated to sound better than ever. So tune in, and listen out for your favourite!
Finally, the Christmas holiday event has now been removed, but you can still enjoy the Myths of the White Lands quest.
- RuneScape: In Pyre Need(01-12)
- RuneScape: Weak Passwords Must be Changed(01-11)
- Ganz Will be Launching Webkinz Jr. in Spring 2009(01-07)
- Innogames Released Planned Changes in The West (01-06)
- In an Increasingly Wired China, Rehab for Internet Addicts(01-06)
- Runescape: Merchant on the Grand Exchange(01-05)
- How Runescape Began(01-05)
- RuneScape Behind the Scenes - January(01-03)
- Driving Kids World MMO Launched(01-03)
- RuneScape SMS Payment Options(01-01)