Runescape: Merchant on the Grand Exchange
- Views: Date: Jan 05 2009 10:37:33
- KeyWord: Runescape,Grand,Exchange
- Summary: Making money by merchanting is very simple. The hard part is making a lot of money in a short time. It's possible but it will require a lot of patience and mastery of skill.
The basic concepts of trading on the Grand Exchange in RuneScape.
Making money by merchanting is very simple. The hard part is making a lot of money in a short time. It's possible but it will require a lot of patience and mastery of skill. This guide will explain everything about Grand Exchange merchanting. It will make it very easy and clear how to make money both short and long term. I will remind you that this isn't for the faint of heart. It will require both time and patience. You sometimes will lose money but that is part of the game.
The Most Basic Concept
The most basic concept that everyone usually just goes briefly over is what a merchant's task is all about, buying low ahnd selling higher later. As easy as that sounds it's not. You have to be able to find items that people will sell at a low value one minute then higher at another. The Grand Exchange makes this harder as you are completing with everyone who is either buying or selling at the same time as you. Essentially limiting your ability to sell or buy at the price you want to.
Looking at Graphs
I personally haven't seen anyone that has actually talked about this. When Jagex released the Grand Exchange Beta on their online website I almost died with delight. Think of it as a tracker for all the tradable items in the game. The amount of information is priceless and makes a merchants job that much more enjoyable. Instead of manually testing the prices or learning the prices from friends or other sources you can look at the exact prices and how they changed.
The following graphs come to our first examples. As you can see I am looking at the 30 day scale so I can see more of a pattern. The idea is to tell if the value of the item is below average or above average. If it is below average you want to buy and if above, sell.
This is an example of when I would buy.
This is an example of when I would sell.
Read full article: Runescape: Merchant on the Grand Exchange
News Original From: http://www.gameolosophy.com/
- Runescape: Merchant on the Grand Exchange(01-05)
- How Runescape Began(01-05)
- RuneScape Behind the Scenes - January(01-03)
- RuneScape SMS Payment Options(01-01)
- RuneScape Players' Gallery (12-22)
- Runescape Christmas Event 2008 - 2009 Guide(12-18)
- RuneScape Stealing Creation Reward Changes(12-17)
- RuneScape Christmas Event and Quest(12-16)
- RuneScape Falador Achievement Diary(12-15)
- Special Runescape Christmas Cards are Available(12-14)