RuneScape Review: How Do I Get Started?
- Views: Date: Nov 04 2008 11:08:28
- KeyWord: RuneScape,Review,Tutorial
- Summary: Getting started in RuneScape is a quick and easy process. Within a few minutes you can create an account and start playing the game! The first thing you'll need is a new character to play!
Getting started in RuneScape is a quick and easy process. Within a few minutes you can create an account and start playing the game!
Creating an Account
The first thing you'll need is a new character to play! You can create yourself a new account by clicking here and clicking the "Create a Free Account" button. Once you've done that, you can come back here to continue the guide.
You play the game by clicking the 'Play RuneScape' link from the RuneScape main page. If you have just created an account, click the 'Free Users' option. The initial download process will then start. During the download a grey security box will pop up.
You will be asked 'Do you want to install and run RuneScape?'
You should check the box that appears next to 'Always trust content from Jagex Ltd' and then click 'Yes'.
This will take you into the game where you can select different detail modes or worlds, or just log in to play straight away. We recommend you try the high detail mode first. If you have problems with the high detail mode, try the low detail version by selecting it on the log-in screen.
Character creation interfaceYou will then be presented with an interface to set up your character, as shown on the left:
To start with, indicate whether you use a one- or two-button mouse. After this, you will be presented with a wide variety of options for designing what your character looks like. You can keep adjusting this as much as you like in this interface. Once you have decided upon your 'look' and entered the wide world of RuneScape, you can pay some characters to change it if you decide you'd prefer a different haircut, clothes or even gender. Click here to read about changing your look in-game.
Once you have finished you should click the 'Accept' button which will launch your character into our tutorial, where the friendly citizens of RuneScape are looking forward to greeting you.
Starting the tutorial Your character will begin their RuneScape life on Tutorial Island. Here you will be introduced to the basics of playing RuneScape. You will be taken through a variety of skills by the instructors, including combat, Fishing, Mining and much more.
This should only take about 10 minutes to complete. When you've finished, your character will be sent to the rustic town of Lumbridge, and your RuneScape adventures will truly begin!
- zOMG! Preview: How to Play(11-07)
- Travian Review: The Buildings (11-05)
- Travian Review: The Tribes(11-05)
- Tribal Wars Preview: Tribal Wars Rules ( Part2)(11-05)
- Tribal Wars Preview: Tribal Wars Rules (Part 1)(11-04)
- RuneScape Review: Death in RuneScape(11-04)
- RuneScape Review: How Do I Get Started? (11-04)
- Runescape: Hallowe'en Event and Quest (11-04)
- RuneScape Update: Improvements to The Game Log-in Process(10-27)
- RuneScape Update: PvP Worlds (10-27)